Friday, August 31, 2018

August 2018 | MONTH IN REVIEW


Here's a quick summary of what we were up to this month.

  • Alex continued working on the deck lockers. It's been several months now, and he's still working on them.. 😓
  • On 21st August, a magnitude of 7.3 earthquake struck off the northern coast of Venezuela, west of Trinidad. This is said to be the strongest earthquake within the last 50 years, as the last 7.0 earthquake recorded by the UWI Seismic Centre was in 1968. So strong that the wall and road in front of Dockside Mart cracked and some small power boats fell. 
  • I am reminded of the 6.1 magnitude earthquake we felt back in December 2016. It felt as if we were in a toy boat on a giant's shaky hand. It may have been only for a few seconds, but my legs turned into jelly and it took me a while to recover. Alex was not affected by that earthquake but admitted he was a little shaken with this one. Thankfully he is safe and no visible damage on Raptor (fingers crossed). Thoughts and 🙏🏻 to all affected.
  • Back in Singapore, I had the opportunity to experience my first river clean up cum meditation on a kayak in Marina Bay River. I got to learn more about the impact of litter to wildlife and our environment, and of course, the meditation was an added bonus. I am guilty of using single-use plastics and am now striving to refuse and reuse as much as possible. It's easier said than done though, but awareness is the first step.
  • On the entertainment front, I watched Oh My Venus (Korean), Uncontrollably Fond (Korean) and Cheese In The Trap (Korean).

July 2018 | MONTH IN REVIEW >>

September 2018 | MONTH IN REVIEW <<


Crack on the ground near Dock Side Mart from the Earthquake
Crack on the wall of Dock Side Mart
Marina Bay River, Singapore
My first paint by numbers with my niece ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY. WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...