Thursday, June 1, 2017

List of Sailing Blogs


Five years ago, I started a blog account but was too self conscious about my writing skills or lack thereof to post anything. I'm not a gifted writer; my vocabulary is limited and my grammar is somewhat of a hit and miss. So you can understand why I wasn't ready to share that with the world.

So why now? Well, perhaps I'm a little older, my skin is a little thicker or hopefully it's because I'm a little wiser to know that I can't always worry about what others might think. But it was really after chatting with our dear friends about our travels late last year, that I realised it's such a good idea to have a blog as a way for us to document our travels. Let's face it, we're not getting any younger; I can barely remember what we did last week! 

It's been 5 years, 2 oceans, 18,750 nautical miles and 19 countries. It's very unlikely I'm going to remember our journey in detail 10 years down the line {okay, realistically a year, at best.. two years}. Of course I'll always remember that time when we were chased by five different Sri Lankan fishing boats, or when the water was so rough the helm fell off or when we were drifting in the Indian Ocean for 5 days and subsequently saved by the US Navy. 

But that only accounts for about 5% of our travels. Would like to look back and remember all the places we visited, what we ate, the people we met, the repairs we did, etc, etc and share the stories with our family and friends. So good writer or not, I decided to face my fears and just blog it {yikes}. 

Since then, I've been searching for fellow sailing blogs to follow and oh my, there are many wonderful blogs out there. I truly enjoy reading their stories and getting their perspective on life aboard. It's also comforting to know that we're not the only ones on a budget with a never ending list of boat projects & repairs.

Here's a list of blogs I found inspiring and informational. There are plenty of lists already but I wanted to have one of our own because it never hurts to keep sharing :)




We hope you'll enjoy our blog as much as we enjoy these blogs.

If you'd like your blog on the list, please drop us a comment and we'll be happy to add you in! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY. WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...